Development Academy Juniors: Ages U2-U6
The Development Academy Juniors program is designed to teach basic soccer skills to our youngest soccer players of all skills levels in a fun and positive environment.
This program is our most basic entry level soccer program offering professional staff and instruction with the objective to serve as a bridge to our Development Academy program for players U6 to U10.
This program offers several benefits:
– Sessions consist of high energy activities that are developmentally appropriate and focused on FUN!
– Sessions led by professionally licensed coaches and staff with the ability to engage and inspire children
– The program focuses on introducing children to the fundamental soccer principles such as dribbling, shooting and progresses to imaginative games focused on creativity and confidence, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
Format and Curriculum
This program aims to have approximately 25 kids per location. Players will be organized into mixed groups of approximately 6 players each (6 to 1 player to coach ratio), who will start by playing a small sided games, transition into rotating skills stations and activities then finish with more exciting and fun games.
School programs with players U6 and older will be invited to participate in the Development Academy Saturday weekend inter-squad games. Each school will be organized into groups of 6 players per squad to compete against other school teams and Development Academy teams on the weekend. All squads will be professionally managed by an academy professional coach. The format will be 4v4, giving each teams two subs. The teams will play a small sided format without goalkeepers.
The Development Academy Junior curriculum is designed within the guidelines of US Soccer and United Soccer Coaches coaching education guidelines for players at the 2 to 11 ages. The program features a heavy emphasis on individual ball mastery, creativity and confidence all with in a fun and positive environment helping to maximum player development and enjoyment of the game. Each session will feature a theme. Examples include:
– Shooting and Technique
– Dribbling and Building Confidence – Basic Foundation and Change of Direction using different parts of the foot.
– Dribbling and Attacking – Fun moves such as the scissors and step overs, combination moves, penetrating runs by dribbling with speed at goal
– First Touch
– Passing and learning to play with teammates.
Registration and Fees
Enrollment for this program is Open Registration.
Our Development Academy Juniors Program is intended to teach basic soccer skills to our youngest soccer players of all skills levels in a fun and positive environment.
To enroll please create an account or login to you existing Sports Connect account and select the city, county, school or daycare Development Academy Juniors program that works best for your family.
Program Cost: $110
Development Academy Uniforms are ordered through Soccer.com. The uniform kit includes:
– One logoed club jersey
Uniforms run on a two year cycle and are not included in the program fees. Returning players may wear the same kit from the previous fall or spring season within the same two year cycle.
New players will receive an email approximately a month prior to the program start date with instructions once all players have picked(or assigned) their numbers and Soccer.com is ready to accept orders.
– Rockingham County Park at the Crossroads: Four (4) Bermuda Soccer Fields