Academy Travel Soccer: Ages U8-U19
Hampton Roads Soccer offers a year round competitive youth soccer environment for boys and girls ages U8 to U19. Academy Travel teams train a minimum of twice per week and play games typically on Sundays. Players are selected to their travel team through a formal tryout identification process in May. However, players may schedule a tryout with an existing team anytime throughout the year.
- Official Affiliate of D.C. United
- Member club of top recognized National, Regional and local leagues
- Proven curriculum focused on player and team development
- Professional licensed coaches with continued in-house coaching education
- Premier Facilities including turf fields with lights and Bermuda fields with lights
Format and Curriculum
The Hampton Roads Soccer Academy is a year round program with scheduled breaks around public school calendars, holidays, developmental soccer breaks and end of the season play. Our planned breaks are distributed by the club to each team in August.
The program aims to have a minimum of two teams per age group, U8 – U19, for both males and females totaling up to 48 teams. Players will be organized into teams of 11 to 12 players for ages U8-U12 for 8v8 and 9v9 play. Players ages U13-U19 will be organized into teams of 15 to 18 players per team for 11v11 play.
After tryouts conclude and teams are formed, teams will participate in the following:
Summer Academy Pro Experience: June 15 – July 15 TBD
– Each week will be lead by a featured instructor and will have a special topic. Featured Instructors will consist of Professional, Collegiate and Semi professional Coaches and Players. (Additional Cost)
Fall Season August 3 – December 2
– Three (3) training sessions per week plus League matches.
Winter Academy January 31 – February 24
– Three (3) training sessions per week.
* Optional Futsal training program (December – February) (Additional Cost).
* Optional 3 Week Elite Camp Series (January 10 – 28) (Additional Cost).
Spring February 28 – May 19
Three (3) training sessions per week plus League matches.
– One State Cup or President’s Cup Entry through Virginia Youth Soccer Association, VYSA.
– One Tournament picked by the Club.
League Competition Platforms
– USYS National League
– USYS Pre National League (EDP)
– Elite Development Program (EDP)
– National Premier Leagues (NPL)
– Tidewater Area Soccer League (TASL)
Registration and Fees
|2023-24 Fees||Invitation||June 1 to February 1|
|Age||Non Refundable Deposit||Monthly Payment Plan||Total|
Financial Aid Virginia Beach City FC is committed to ensuring that all potential players have the opportunity to receive the benefits of participation in our programs regardless of race, economic status and/or physical limitations. Financial Assistance programs are available to help families offset fees associated with this program.
Academy Uniforms are ordered through Soccer.com. The uniform kit includes:
– Two numbered game jerseys
– One pair of shorts
– One pair of socks
Uniforms run on a two year cycle and are not included in the program fees. Returning players may wear the same kit from the previous fall or spring season within the same two year cycle. New players will receive an email after tryouts conclude and the player is assigned to a team with instructions once all players have picked (or assigned) their numbers and Soccer.com is ready to accept orders.
– Norfolk Collegiate: Two (2) lighted turf soccer fields
– Cap Slade Cutter Park: Two (2) grass soccer fields
– Centerville Park, Chesapeake, VA – Eleven (11) Bermuda grass soccer fields.
– Princess Anne Park, Virginia Beach, VA – Eleven (11) Bermuda grass fields.
– Deep Creek Park, Chesapeake, VA – Four (4) Bermuda grass fields (two lighted).